I know what you’re thinking, vegetables in a brownie… you’re crazy! Well, you’re not wrong, I am crazy, but adding vegetables to brownies is actually very common, from beetroot to zucchini, brownies have become the new way to incorporate more veg into your diet! This deliciously dense and ridiculously moreish sweet potato brownie (created by our beautiful co-owner, My) will have your taste buds jumping for joy!
- 2 1/2 cups roughly grated sweet potato
- 2 (free-range) eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup (or a mixture of both)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (almond flour works fine too if not for school!)
Additional extras: Raspberries, spices such as cinnamon or cardamom, chopped dark chocolate, chopped nuts such as walnuts or macadamia
1. Set oven to 180ºC (fan-forced)
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix well (add in any spices, dark chocolate or nuts if using)
3. Transfer to a lined oven dish, we used a 20cm x 23cm (sprinkle with raspberries, if using)
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes.