Not only is this great as a flavour packed pizza base, it is also perfect as a flatbread. Simply tear or break it apart and have it on a grazing board or dip it into your favourite curry! It's simple, versatile and tastes ah-mazing!
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Fennel seeds
- Garlic flakes
- Sea salt
Optional toppings: hummus, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour along with 3/4 cup of water and let rest for 10 minutes.
- When batter has thickened, pour into prepared baking tray. Drizzle over with oil, sprinkle with fennel seeds, garlic flakes and sea salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and crisp around the edges.
- Once baked, remove from tray and place on chopping board to cool. Once cooled, top with hummus, halved cherry tomatoes and roughly chopped basil. Finish off with a final drizzle of oil and sprinkle of sea salt.