Smoky Portuguese chicken topped with char grilled corn and chilli lime salsa on a bed of black rice. A vibrant, fresh dish that is both nutritious and satisfying.
35 MIN ~ serves 4
300g black rice
100g rocket leaves
2 corn cobs
1 green chilli
1/2 bunch chives
2 red paprikas
600g chicken thigh fillets
1/2 packet fresh thyme
From your pantry:
oil, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, white wine vinegar
This recipe is Gluten-free
1. Place rice in a saucepan and cover with water.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Remove husks and silks from corn cobs and rub with oil.
Heat a griddle or frypan over high heat.
Cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally until charred.
Slice paprikas and toss with oil.
Add to griddle pan for the last 2-3 minutes or cook until tender.
3. In the meantime, arrange rice and rocket leaves on a large serving platter, top with capsicums.
Place corn cobs on a chopping board to cool.
4. Coat chicken thigh fillets with 2 tsp smoked paprika, thyme leaves,
1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper.
Reheat griddle to high heat.
Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes each side until charred and cooked through.
5. Finely chop chilli and slice chives.
Combine with lime zest and juice, 1 tbsp vinegar and 1/3 cup olive oil.
Cut corn kernels from cobs and add to dressing.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Place chicken on platter and spoon over the salsa.
Serve as a share platter at the table or divide among plates.