Golden tofu cakes on a bed of fluffy quinoa tossed with a chunky avocado and tomato salad and pickled shallot dressing.
35 MIN ~ serves 4
1/2 packet fresh thyme
1 yellow capsicum
1 packet basil
400g firm tofu
From your pantry:
oil, salt, pepper, dried Italian herbs, white wine vinegar, mayonnaise (
This recipe is Gluten-free and Vegan
1. Place quinoa in a saucepan and cover with plenty of water.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
Drain and rinse.
2. Whisk together 2 tbsp vinegar with 1/4 cup olive oil,
thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper.
Finely slice the shallot.
Add to dressing and toss to coat. Set aside.
3. Dice avocado, tomatoes and capsicum.
Roughly slice basil leaves.
4. Roughly chop tofu.
Blend in a food processor or with a stick mixer until smooth.
Grate courgettes and squeeze out liquid.
Add to mixture along with 2 tsp Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
Use hands to mix and combine well.
5. Divide tofu mixture into 8, form into patties using oiled hands.
Heat frypan over medium heat.
Cook patties for 5 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
6. Toss quinoa with dressing and salad.
Serve with tofu cakes and (vegan) mayonnaise if desired.