Tomato soup with a Mexican twist topped with avocado, fresh cherry tomatoes and a yoghurt and mint drizzle. Served with a side of corn chips.
30 MIN ~ serves 4
1 brown onion
2 red capsicums
2 medium potatoes
3 cloves garlic
1 jar (700ml) tomato passata
200g cherry tomatoes
1 packet mint
200g natural yoghurt
1 corn cob
1 bag corn chips
From your pantry:
oil, salt, pepper, ground paprika & cumin
This recipe is Gluten-free.
Make this recipe Vegetarian / Vegan:
Omit cacciatore and use plant-based alternatives as a topping.
Substitute natural yoghurt for a vegan aioli or mayonnaise.
1. Heat a large saucepan with oil over medium heat.
Roughly chop and add onion, capsicums, potatoes and crushed garlic as you go.
Cook for 4-5 minutes until softened.
2. Add 3 tsp paprika and 1 tsp cumin, stir well.
Pour in tomato passata and 1 Litre water.
Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Blend picked mint leaves with yoghurt using a stick mixer.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Quarter cherry tomatoes and dice avocado.
5. Remove corn kernels from cob and dice cacciatore.
Heat a large frypan with 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat.
Add cacciatore and corn kernels, cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden.
6. Blend soup until smooth using stick mixer.
Add more water if needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve soup in bowls topped with cherry tomatoes,
avocado and yoghurt drizzle with a side of corn chips.
You can get totopos chips & vegan aioli from the marketplace!