Chicken schnitzels coated in sesame seeds paired with a fresh, crunchy cabbage salad. Tossed with bean thread noodles in an asian inspired dressing that packs a punch!
30 MIN ~ serves 4
1 packet (100-200g) bean thread noodles
2 green apples
1 green capsicum
1 red chilli
60g cashew nuts
1/2 red cabbage
600g chicken schnitzels (or sliced chicken breast fillet)
40g sesame seeds
From your pantry:
sesame oil (or other), salt, pepper, white wine vinegar, soy sauce (or tamari), honey/sugar, ground ginger
This recipe is Gluten-free.
Make this recipe Vegetarian / Vegan:
Substitute chicken for tofu or tempeh.
1. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil.
Add noodles to boiling water and simmer for 2 minutes, or until cooked al dente.
Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
2. Thinly cut apples into rounds. Slice capsicum and chilli.
Dice avocado, shred cabbage and chop cashews.
Place in a large bowl and add rinsed noodles.
3. Whisk together 2 tbsp vinegar, 1/4 cup soy sauce,
2 tbsp sesame oil and 1 tbsp honey.
Toss together with salad and noodles.
4. Coat chicken with 1 tsp ground ginger, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper.
Roll in sesame seeds to coat.
Heat a frypan over medium heat with 2 tbsp oil.
Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
5. Divide noodle salad between plates and serve with sesame-crusted chicken.