With fathers day coming up, we thought what better way to celebrate than with burgers!
Pulled brisket burgers to be exact. Soft Brioche buns filled with juicy slow-cooked brisket, melty cheese and pickles. WARNING - Dad may want more than 1!
4 brioche burger buns, toasted if preferred.
• 1kg beef brisket
• 1 tbsp smoked paprika
• ½ tbsp ground cumin
• ½ tbsp brown sugar
• 1 tsp cayenne pepper
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 cup tomato relish (or tomato sauce)
• 2 tbsp brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
• 2 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari)
• 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Fillings of choice. We used:
• sliced cheddar cheese
• shredded red cabbage
• spring onions
• sliced dill pickles
Other filling suggestions:
• sliced white onion
• sliced radish
• blue cheese
• grilled capsicum
1. Set oven to 160ºC
2. Combine rub spices with salt and pepper. Rub all over brisket along with crushed garlic.
3. Tear off a large sheet of aluminium foil (large enough to fold over the brisket).
Line the bottom with baking paper and place brisket on top.
4. Fold the foil over into a parcel, leaving one side open.
Pour in ½ cup water before sealing the last side.
5. Slow cook in oven for 2-3 hours until tender.
6. Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients. Prepare the fillings.
7. When brisket is tender and falling apart, transfer to a board and pull the meat using two forks.
8. Transfer the brisket back to the oven dish and stir through the sauce.
Stir in extra water to loosen if needed.
9. Assemble the burgers with pulled brisket and fillings of choice!
- Use liquid smoke for an extra smokey flavour.
Braise the beef in dark ale or apple juice instead of water for added depth of flavour.
- If your brisket feels a little dry after the sauce has gone through,
simply stir in some water to loosen it!
-You could also do this in the slow cooker which is great for locking the moisture in.