Spring is in the air and in celebration of the sun, we have come up with a deliciously fresh and simple, mushroom Ceviche.
This plant-based dish is bursting full of flavour and a wonderful snack or light lunch to take on picnics, to the beach or as a starter for your next dinner party.
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
• ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 tomato, diced
• 150g oyster mushrooms, torn
• ½ cup coriander, chopped
• 1 jalapeno, chopped
• 1 lime, zest and juice
• 1 orange, juice
• Totopos chips or corn chips to serve
1. Combine all ceviche ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and mix well.
2. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavours to infuse.
3. Serve with totopos or corn chips.
You can substitute mushrooms for white beans or cannellini beans.
Substitute coriander for mint.