Less waste, more candy! Use leftover orange peels to make a sweet treat.
All you need is three ingredients: orange peels, sugar, and water. Easy!
These candied orange peels are chewy, sweet, and citrusy. Plus, when making them, you end up with a thick orange syrup, great for drinks and desserts!
There are countless ways to enjoy them. Here are some of our favourites:
- Chopped and sprinkled onto homebaked pound cake
- Chopped and used in sweet scones
- On crackers with cheese
- On homemade chocolate treats
- In brownies (or blondies)
- In almond biscotti
- Diced and added onto yoghurt or oatmeal
- In homemade trail mix
Curious to try it out? Here's how!