A healthy lunch box alternative using an easy, hassle-free, child friendly recipe created for ultra busy people.
Serves 2 - 20 min
- 300g chicken stir fry strips
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 avocado
- 2 nori sheets
- 2 square wholemeal wraps
From your pantry:
Oil, soy sauce (or tamari), sugar (of choice), mayonnaise
1. Combine 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1/2 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tbsp oil in a bowl. Toss in chicken to coat.
2. Heat a frypan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 6-8 or until cooked through. Remove from pan to cool.
3. Cut cucumber and capsicum into batons. Slice avocado.
4. Spread wraps with mayonnaise and top with nori sheet.
5. Divide even amounts of chicken and vegetables, in a line, along one side of the wraps. Roll up to enclose. (See video below).
6. Slice sushi rolls ready to pack into lunch boxes.
Substitute chicken with tofu or eggs for a vegetarian version.
If you don't have wraps you can use bread. Roll the slices with a rolling pin to flatten. Prepare the filling ingredients the night before and assemble in the morning to save time!