What better way to treat your mum on mother’s day than with a homemade cake baked with love?Glen from GH produce has kindly shared with us the most delicious carrot cake recipe, featuring their much loved banana bread mix!
It's incredibly soft and moist with the perfect combination of walnuts and sultanas, finished with a zesty cashew lemon frosting. The banana bread mix from GH produce has been a long-time favourite of ours so we’re super excited to have this recipe to share with you!
10 min + 30-35 min in the oven - makes 1 cake
- 1 x Paleo banana bread mix
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/3 cups chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup coconut yoghurt
- 3 tbsp cashew butter or coconut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or local honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1-2 tbsp organic coconut oil
You will need: cake tin, baking paper, stick blender or hand whisk.
This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free.
- Preheat oven to 160ºC and line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper (or a muffin tin to make cupcakes)
- Place Paleo banana bread mix in a bowl and make a well.
- Add all ingredients and mix well until all combined.
- Place into the cake tin and bake and cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- Remove and place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before icing.
- For the icing place all ingredients in a bowl and use a stick blender or hand whisk and whisk really well until nice and creamy. Adjust lemon according to your palate.
- Place in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes then use a palate knife or spatula and ice the cake. (If you like thick icing double the recipe!)
Make this recipe at home! You can add: GH Produce Paleo Banana Bread Mix, carrots, Charcol Spring pastured eggs, Regans Ridge Organic Olive Oil, Raw Food Factory Organic Maple Syrup, Melrose Organic Coconut Oil and The Honest Pantry Vanilla Cashew Butter from the Dinner Twist Marketplace.