Switch up the Sunday roast with a beautiful cut of WA grass-fed butterflied lamb from Dirty Clean Foods, easy to cook in the oven, BBQ or pan.
To celebrate spring we have a recipe for a show stopping garlic lamb leg charred on the griddle pan (or BBQ!) before being coated with a lightly spiced pistachio dukkah from our friends at Great Southern Groves.
To complete the dish, pair it with a fresh cucumber, basil and sweet strawberry salad with salty, creamy feta from the Naked Food Co, finished with a quick balsamic dressing.
A little tip - this dinner is best enjoyed outside!
- 800g Butterflied Lamb Leg
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup soft feta cheese (we used 1/3 tub of Naked Food Co Persian Feta Cheese)
- 1/4 cup dukkah (we used Great Southern Groves Pistachio Dukkah)
- 250g strawberries
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers
- 60g basil
- soft feta cheese, to taste (we used 2/3 tub of Naked Food Co Persian Feta Cheese)
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Slash the top of the lamb leg and coat with 2 crushed garlic cloves, oil, salt and pepper. Heat griddle pan or BBQ over medium-high heat. Place lamb top side down (slashed side) and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Turn lamb leg over. Crumble over 1/3 of the feta cheese ball and tuck into grooves. Sprinkle over dukkah and lightly press down. Cook for a further 10-12 minutes. Take off heat and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice strawberries and cucumbers. Slice basil leaves. Toss on a large salad plate.
- Gently break apart remaining feta cheese (2/3 of the feta ball) and arrange over salad.
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Drizzle over salad. Season with pepper.
- Slice lamb after resting and serve with salad.
Notes: You can also cook the lamb in the oven or on the BBQ. If cooking in the oven, set temperature to 220ºC and roast for 20-25 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove the lamb after 15 minutes to add the feta cheese and the dukkah. Cook time will depend on the thickness of the lamb leg.
Want to make this at home? We used Dirty Clean Food Butterflied Lamb Leg, garlic, Great Southern Groves Pistachio Dukkah, Strawberries, lebanese cucumbers, Naked Food Co Persian Feta Cheese and Great Southern Groves Extra Virgin Olive Oil from the Dinner Twist Marketplace.