Fuel your week with these delicious curried chicken lunchbox sandwiches!
Simply grab a bundle on the Marketplace that contains everything you need to easily prepare some satisfying curried chicken sandwiches to enjoy throughout the week.
You can prepare all the fillings at the beginning of the week and have them ready to assemble on the day when you need it!
If preferred, add some sultanas, chopped celery and walnuts to the chicken mixture for an alternative flavour. For a warmer sandwich, you can toast it in the sandwich press and serve the lettuce on the side!
What's included in the bundle:
- 600g chicken breast fillets (Liberty Chicken)
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 1 tub (100g) mayonnaise (Rozas Gourmet)
- 1 loaf of organic sour button bread (Abhi's Bread)
Notes: You'll also need salt, pepper and curry powder from your pantry for seasoning. Alternatively, swap curry powder for smoked paprika or another dried herb of your liking.
- Add chicken breasts to a saucepan and cover with water. Season with salt, bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, separate and rinse lettuce leaves. Slice tomatoes and avocados.
- Remove chicken from pan. Use two forks to shred the chicken (or use a knife to chop the chicken into smaller pieces). Stir in mayonnaise, 1/2-1 tbsp curry powder until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the sandwiches with even amounts of salad and curried chicken.
Notes: The heat and flavour of curry powder can vary. Adjust the amount if needed.