Get the family together with these juicy chicken subs. Served in wholemeal rolls with avocado, creamy slaw and a side of corn cobs, these subs are the perfect weekend brunch or quick and easy Sunday dinner.
20 MIN ~ serves 4
600g chicken breast fillet or tenderloins
2 corn cobs
1 bag (400g) kale or coleslaw
100g garlic aioli mayonnaise
4-pack wholemeal long bread rolls
From your pantry:
oil, salt, pepper, sweet chilli sauce
1. Set oven to 200°C.
2. Cut chicken breast fillets into 4 schnitzels (ignore if using tenderloins).
Heat a large frypan with oil and cook chicken for
3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Add 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce towards the end.
Set aside on a chopping board.
3. In the meantime, shuck and quarter corn cobs.
Place in a saucepan and cover with water.
Bring to the boil, drain and place at the table in a serving bowl.
4. Toss slaw mix with 50g garlic mayonnaise and juice from 1/2 lime.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Thinly slice avocado and chicken.
6. Slice and place bread rolls in the oven for 3-4 minutes to warm.
7. Assemble subs at the table with remaining 50g mayonnaise, slaw, chicken and avocado.
Serve with a side of corn cobs and remaining lime cut into wedges.