Fluffy red quinoa with a warm vegetable salad, topped with apple relish and smoky halloumi, a delicious way to say ''hello weekend!''
35 MIN ~ serves 4
- 150g red quinoa
- 1 zucchini
- 500g pumpkin, peeled & diced into 1-2cm cubes
- 1 shallot
- 1 red apple
- 150g tomato sugo
- 1/2 bunch silverbeet
- 2 packets halloumi
- 1 packed basil
From your pantry:
oil + butter, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, ground cumin
This recipe is Gluten-free.
Swap pumpkin for sweet potato if you like!
1. Set oven to 200ºC.
2. Place quinoa in a saucepan and cover with plenty of water.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and rinse.
3 Dice zucchini. Toss on a lined oven tray with diced pumpkin, 2 tsp cumin, oil, salt and pepper.
Roast in oven for 20 minutes, or until golden and tender.
4. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat with 2 tbsp oil or butter.
Dice shallot and apple. Add to pan to cook for 3-4 minutes, or until softened.
Pour in sugo and 1/4 cup water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Trim and finely slice silverbeet. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 1/2 tbsp oil.
Sauté silverbeet for 1-2 minutes, or until softened.
Toss with cooked quinoa, pumpkin and zucchini. Reserve pan.
6. Slice halloumi and coat with 2 tsp paprika, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper.
Reheat frypan over medium heat and cook halloumi for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden.
7. Divide pumpkin salad between plates.
Top with halloumi and spoon over relish to taste.
Chop basil to garnish.
Use a store-bought good quality relish to accompany this dish, instead of making your own