All stocked up on pasta and not much else?
Well, the good news is you might be sitting on a few ingredients at home that can easily be transformed into a delicious sauce! If not, head over to the Dinner Twist Marketplace
where you have access to fresh and local produce that can be delivered to your door (including fresh pasta if you’ve just got a craving lately!).
Here’s a little inspo to get you started. Using some pantry staples, leftovers from the fridge as well as ingredients from our Marketplace
, we have created 3 perfect pastas for you to try at home.
- 500g dried pasta (or 400g fresh pasta)
- 3 tomatoes (or tinned tomatoes)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200g pitted kalamata olives (or capers)
- Handful of fresh basil
From your pantry: chilli flakes, olive oil
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Add pasta to cook according to packet instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, drain and set aside.
- Heat a frypan over medium heat with 1/3 cup olive oil.
- Dice tomatoes and chop garlic. Add to pan as you go. Cook for 8 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Take sauce off heat. Stir through olives and 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional).
- Stir through cooked pasta, adding pasta water to loosen if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste./li>
- Garnish pasta with fresh basil to serve.
Balsamic vinegar or red wine are great additions to this sauce. Use fresh chillies from the garden if you have any. To make this dish we used these ingredients available from the Dinner Twist Marketplace.
- 500g fresh filled pasta (or dried pasta)
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp stock paste (or 1 stock cube)
- 1/2 cup smoked tomatoes ( or sun-dried tomatoes)
- Handful of fresh herbs
From your pantry: dried oregano (or dried herb of choice), red wine vinegar
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil (for pasta).
- Slice onion and carrot. Cook in a saucepan over medium-high heat with oil (use the oil from the tomatoes if you can) and 1 tsp dried oregano for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add smoked tomatoes, 1 tbsp stock paste and 1litre of water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta to saucepan of boiling water and cook according to packet instructions. Drain and divide among bowls.
- Season brodo broth with pepper and 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar.
- Ladle brodo broth over pasta in bowls. Garnish with chopped fresh herbs.
This broth is great with any spare veggies you may have! Try diced zucchini or add some frozen peas for some extra greens. To make this dish we used these ingredients available from the Dinner Twist Marketplace.
- 800g fresh gnocchi (or 500g dried pasta)
- 2 cups spare greens (kale, spinach, broccoli, silverbeet etc)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup almonds (or nuts of choice)
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
From your pantry: olive oil, white wine vinegar
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Add pasta to cook according to packet instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, drain and set aside.
- Roughly chop greens, garlic and almonds. Blend together with yoghurt and 1 tbsp vinegar using a stick mixer or blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir pesto through pasta until well coated. Loosen with olive oil or reserved cooking water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta among bowls. Garnish with some grated parmesan or pecorino if you have any!
Use lemon zest and juice in place of the vinegar. If you don’t have yoghurt you could use sour cream or grated cheese. Add some fresh basil for extra flavour! Use a nut cheese or nutritional yeast to make this recipe plant-based. To make this dish we used these ingredients available from the Dinner Twist Marketplace.