Easy to make granola! This recipe will fill your kitchen with the sweet aroma of orange and spice. Use a selection of your favourite nuts and try adding vanilla or cacao for a variation. Stores for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
Makes 4 servings;
2 1/2 cups mixed nuts of choice
1/3 cup pepita or pumkin seeds
1/2 cup coconut flakes
zest and juice from 1 orange
1 tsp cinnamon powder
coconut oil, 2tbsp melted + to grease tray
1/3 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees. Grease a large baking tray with coconut oil.
2. Add the nuts to a food processor and blitz a few times until ground into smaller, crumbly pieces.
3. Transfer nuts to a mixing bowl and add pepita seeds, coconut flakes, orange zest and juice as well cinnamon powder. Melt the coconut oil and pour over the top, and add the maple syrup. Stir through until well combined and sticky.
4. Spread the mixture out in the baking tin and cook for 20-25 minutes. Stir once half way.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool before transfering to a glad jar or container with a lid. Store up to two weeks.