Whether you're looking for a vegan alternative, or simply just wanting to add something a little different to your table on Christmas, this spiced roasted cauliflower will be an absolute crowd pleaser!
4 garlic cloves
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 bunch of fresh thyme
1 large cauliflower
4 tbsp dry sherry
400g tinned tomatoes
40g flaked almonds
1/2 bunch fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Crush garlic and mix together with smoked paprika, half the thyme leaves and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cauliflower in a medium baking dish. Rub paprika paste all over the cauliflower.
- Drizzle over sherry and squeeze over lemon juice. Cover with foil and place into oven for around 1 hour 15 minutes. Remove foil for the last 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and place tomatoes in dish, surrounding the cauliflower. Use a knife and fork to roughly tear them up into chunks. Zest the lemon and sprinkle over along with remaining thyme leaves.
- Return the pan to oven (uncovered) for a further 10 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a dry frypan until golden.
- Once ready, remove the pan from the oven. Crush over the toasted almonds, then pick, roughly chop and scatter the parsley leaves on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and VOILA!