Did you know the Government estimates food waste costs the Australian economy $20 billion each year!? That one in five shopping bags end up in the bin = $3,800 worth of groceries per household each year? How about the fact that 35% of the average household bin is food waste? These are just some of the crazy current food waste statistics here in Aus! Therefore, let's not throw those beautiful vibrant carrot tops away! Whip up this delicious chimichurri perfect for drizzling on salads, sandwiches, meat or fish, and lets start working towards lowering these scary statistics!
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot greens
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Wash and dry your carrot greens well
2. Finely chop your carrot greens and mix them well with all the dried spices and garlic. Stir through the vinegar and olive oil. Taste and adjust seasonings.
3. Serve with toasted bread, over grilled fish or meat, or drizzle over a fresh salad.
Store in an air tight container or jar.