Warm up your kitchen! Delicious and so quick to make - traditional potato & leek soup served with melty cheese bread and topped with crispy bacon.
This recipe is Gluten-free.
Make this recipe Vegetarian / Vegan:
Substitute chicken mince for 2 x 400g chickpeas (add the garam masala to 1 tbsp and lightly mash when cooking).
Substitute natural yoghurt for coconut yoghurt
-2 celery sticks
-3 garlic cloves
-2 chicken stock cubes (we LOVE the organic chicken stock from Urban forager
- available in our Marketplace for this recipe use 2 tbsp)
-150g cheddar cheese
-1 wholemeal bread loaf
From your pantry:
oil, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, baking paper
1. Set oven to 220°C. Dice and place potatoes in a large saucepan and pour in 1.3 L water.
Cover and bring to a simmer.
2. Slice leeks and celery, crush the garlic. Add to the pan along with chicken stock cubes.
Cover and boil for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
3. Separate and place bacon rashes on a lined oven tray.
Cook in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
4. Chop 1/4 bunch chives and grate cheese.
Toss to combine with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with pepper.
Slice the bread 2/3 through in a criss-cross pattern.
Add mixture into cuts.
Wrap the bottom of the bread in baking paper and cook in the oven for 8 minutes.
5. Blend the soup to desired consistency using a stick mixer.
Season taste with 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
6. Divide soup between bowls.
Break bacon into pieces and sprinkle on top along with extra chives.
Serve with cheesy pull-a-part bread.