A decadent winter treat that’s simple to make and boasting with elegance!
You won’t be able to resist when the smells of all spice (or cinnamon!) waft from the oven, and because we love a treat, we recommend finishing these pears off with a dollop of fresh cream or ice cream.
Keep it simple, or add some crushed nuts like walnuts or pistachios! Enjoy!
(Makes 4 serves)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 Bosc pears
- 1/4 tsp ground all spice (or ground cinnamon)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- Fresh cream or ice cream to serve
You will need an oven dish for this recipe.
- Set oven to 220ºC.
- Pour butter into a lined baking pan and tilt so the surface is covered. Cut pears in half and place in pan cut-side down. Sprinkle over all spice (or cinnamon). Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and honey. Spoon over pears and bake for further 5 minutes.
- Divide pears and pan juices among bowls. Serve with fresh cream or ice cream.
Want to make this at home? We used Organic Times Organic Salted Butter, Bosc Pears, Wafra Seasonal Runny Honey and Bannister Downs Fresh Cream from the Dinner Twist Marketplace.