Sticky, sweet and a little bit spicy!
These honey hot wings have an irresistible flavour from GH Produce’s Rainmaker chilli sauce featuring WA chilli and native Australian Quandong (AKA desert peach) intermingled with raw, local Wafra runny honey and punchy garlic. The aroma will be deliciously intoxicating as they bake in the oven! For more intensity, try marinating the wingettes over night or cooking them on the BBQ.
Want to make them for your mid-week dinner or weekend gathering? You can get most of what you need from our Marketplace for delivery with your box or on Fridays!
(Serves 4-6 as a side, snack or appetizer)
- 1-2 tbsp hot sauce (we used The Rainmaker Chilli Sauce by GH Produce)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.2kg chicken wingettes
- sesame seeds (optional)
- pickles to serve
- Set oven to 220ºC.
- Combine hot sauce, soy sauce, honey, tomato sauce and crushed garlic in a large bowl.
- Toss chicken wingettes in sauce until well coated. Spread out on a large lined oven tray and roast for 25-30 minutes until golden (or, cook on the barbie!)
- Meanwhile, toast sesame seeds in a dry frypan until golden.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over chicken wingettes and serve with a side of pickle.
Want to make this at home? We used Liberty Chicken Chicken Wingettes, Wafra Seasonal Runny Honey, GH Produce The Rainmaker Chili & Quandong Sauce, garlic, Beerenberg Tomato Sauce and Paddock2produce Zucchini & Yellow Mustard Seed Pickles from theDinner Twist Marketplace.