Fish fillets coated in a “skinny batter”, keeping the moisture in! Served with a crunchy cucumber and apple salad, parsnip chips and a creamy curry mayonnaise
35 MIN ~ serves 4
1 continental cucumber
2 red apples
1/2 punnet snow pea sprouts
3 spring onions
4 portions of white fish fillets (or chicken tenderloins if you’re not a seafood lover)
FROM YOUR PANTRY:
oil, salt and pepper, flour (of choice - we used tapioca), mayonnaise, 1 egg, curry powder, ground paprika.
This recipe is Gluten-free
1. Set oven to 220ºC. Wedge parsnips and toss on lined oven tray with oil, salt and pepper.
Roast in oven for 20 minutes or until golden and tender.
2. Combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise with 1 tsp curry powder. Set aside.
3. Dice cucumber and apple. Chop sprouts, spring onions and spinach.
Toss all together in a bowl with 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp olive oil.
Cut remaining lemon into wedges.
4. Whisk egg in a shallow bowl. Combine 1 tsp ground paprika, 2 tbsp flour,
salt and pepper. Coat fish fillets in flour mix and toss into egg wash.
5. Heat a frypan with oil over medium-high heat.
Add fish and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
6. Serve fish fillets with parsnip chips, salad, lemon wedges and curried mayonnaise.