This flavourful cumin rack of lamb will make an impressive feature on the dinner table.
It’s a classic pairing of Mediterranean flavours - cumin, lemon, parsley and sumac! You can roast the rack whole or separate into cutlets, ready for the BBQ.
Paired with a fresh Fattoush Salad with simple chopped vegetables dressed in a zesty lemon vinaigrette and homemade pita chips as croutons!
Makes 4 serves.
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 8 rib lamb rack (approximately 525g)
- 2 large pita breads
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 gem lettuces (or 2 baby cos lettuces)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 avocado
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch radishes
- 1 tsp sumac
- Preheat oven to 220ºC. Combine 2 tsp cumin with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Score the top of the lamb rack and rub cumin all over. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add lamb rack top side down and sear until golden (roughly 5 minutes).
- Place lamb rack in a lined oven dish and roast for 20-25 minutes (for medium-rare) or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, cut the pita breads into small pieces and toss with olive oil. Place on a lined oven tray and bake for 6-8 minutes until golden and crispy (they will crisp up more as they cool).
- Combine lemon zest and juice with chopped parsley leaves and 1/4 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Chop lettuce leaves, thinly slice onion and dice avocado. Wedge tomato and radishes. Toss together with 1 tsp sumac and 1/2 the parsley dressing.
- Leave lamb rack to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Toss pita bread crisps through salad just before serving. Serve lamb rack with parsley dressing over top.
You could also cook the lamb on the BBQ! Sear the lamb rack top side down for 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Turn over and cover the lid for 10-15 minutes.
Want to make this at home? We used Dirty Clean Foods 8 rib lamb rack, lemon, tomatoes, red onion and avocado from the Dinner Twist Marketplace.