We are loving the homestyle granolas from Plant Made WA, made locally here in Fremantle!
Their Cacao Choc Crunch Granola has to be one of our favourites - featuring buckwheat, hazelnuts, cacao nibs and coconut.
This recipe by Anna (founder of Plant Made WA) brings us back to our childhood days and reminds us we can still enjoy the delicious treats in life while being kind to our bodies!
Makes around 12 crackles. You'll need medium-sized patty pans.
- 2 cups Cacao Choc Crunch Granola
- 6 pitted dates, soaked in boiling water and chopped
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/3 cup cacao butter (heated)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dried fruit (we used currants)
- Chop dates and mix together with granola and coconut.
- In a separate bowl, mix together tahini, almond butter, cacao butter (melted), cacao powder and maple syrup.
- Pour wet mixture over dry. Mix well and then add currants.
- Pop into paper patty pan cases (firmly press the mixture down to help the crackles to hold together when they are set) and keep in your fridge until ready to serve.
Want to make this at home? We used Plant Made WA Cacao Choc Crunch Granola, The Honest Pantry Choc Almond Butter, and Raw Food Factory Organic Maple Syrup from the Dinner Twist Marketplace.