Expecting some spooky visitors this Halloween? Treat them with a tasty & healthy platter of ghouls - easily made from fresh fruit and chocolate!
Let your imagination run wild and have fun creating all sorts of characters using anything from your pantry - crushed nuts, dried fruit and shredded coconut.
Grab a couple of helping hands and before you know it you’ll have a delicious platter of ghouls that are almost to good to eat!
Makes a medium-sized platter.
- 80g dark or milk chocolate
- 4 green kiwi fruits
- 24 white chocolate chips
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 4 mandarins
- 1 green apple
- 1 tub (240g) fruit yoghurt (we used Naked Food Co Black Berry & Blueberry Yoghurt)
- 16 popsicle sticks
- Break apart 1/2 the dark chocolate and melt in a double boiler on the stove. Or you can melt in the microwave on high heat in 30 second bursts. Stir until smooth.
- Peel and slice kiwis into 1/2 inch rounds, about three slices per kiwi. Insert a small knife into one end of each kiwi and push it halfway up. Slide a popsicle stick into the cut and set the kiwi slices with sticks on a lined tray.
- To make the eyes, press a white chocolate chip into the kiwi, pointy side down. Dot with melted chocolate for the pupil and drizzle on some chocolate hair.
- Peel and halve bananas. Insert a popsicle stick into the bottom halves. Dip the tops into melted chocolate and then into shredded coconut to make the hair. Place them on the lined oven tray as you go. Dot on some eyes and a mouth using the melted chocolate. Place tray in fridge to set.
- Peel the mandarins. Thinly slice 3/4 of the apple into rounds. Use a small knife to peel the remaining quarter. Slice the apple peel into 4 thin stalks and insert into the top of the mandarin to create pumpkins.
- Transfer the yoghurt into a serving bowl and swirl slightly and place on a serving platter. Arrange fruit popsicles, mandarins and remaining chocolate around.
Want to make this at home? We used kiwi fruits, bananas, mandarins, Pico Organic Chocolate Sea Salt and Naked Food Co Black Cherry & Blueberries Yoghurt from the Dinner Twist Marketplace.