2. Rub chicken breasts with oil, salt and pepper. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat and cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Set aside on a chopping board, reserve pan.
3. If using (see notes), trim reserved carrot leaves and place into a bowl of cold water. Set aside in the fridge.
4. Heat frypan over medium heat. Dice and add onion with 2 tbsp butter. Sauté for 5 minutes then add crushed garlic, chopped rosemary, 1 tbsp mustard, 1 stock cube and 1 tbsp flour. Gradually add 1 1/2 cups water, stirring. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until thickened.
5. Drain carrot tops and dress with 2 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp vinegar.
Slice chicken breasts and return to pan with gravy.
6. Serve chicken and gravy with roasted vegetables and dressed carrot leaves. Top with feta cheese and chopped parsley to taste.
Keep the beetroot separate on the tray if you want to prevent the colour bleeding on the other vegetables.
The carrot tops are delicious and make a perfect side salad. Step 3 & 5 are optional.
sweet potato 1
chicken breast fillets 600g
brown onion 1/2
garlic 2 cloves
rosemary 1 sprig
marinated feta cheese 1/2 tub
parsley 1/3 bunch
From your pantry:
butter, olive oil, salt, pepper, wholegrain mustard, chicken stock cube (1), red wine vinegar, flour (plain)