2. Finely chop onion. Add to large mixing bowl with crushed garlic, drained beans, 2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 the quinoa flakes, salt and pepper. Mash with fork until combined. Use oiled hands to shape 12 patties. Coat in remaining quinoa flakes and set aside in fridge.
3. Halve the tomatoes and wedge avocado (into eighths). Set aside with sunflower sprouts.
4. Cut brussels sprouts in half lengthways. Add to pan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Cook for 6-8 minutes until tender. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
5. Add 2 tbsp oil to pan. Add patties and cook for 3-4 minutes each side until golden (cook in batches if needed). Season with salt and set aside on paper towel.
6. Divide salad and sprouts among plates. Spoon over dressing to taste. Serve with bean patties and remaining dressing as a dipping sauce.
Add any spices or dried herbs you like into the patty mixture.
If you don’t have any seeded mustard you can use 1 tbsp dijon mustard instead.
RED ONION, 1/2 *
GARLIC, 2 cloves
CANNELLINI BEANS, 2 x 400g
QUINOA FLAKES, 1 packet (80g)
CHERRY TOMATOES, 1 bag (200g)
SUNFLOWER SPROUTS, 1 punnet
BRUSSELS SPROUTS, 300g
FROM YOUR PANTRY
oil (for cooking), olive oil, salt, pepper, dried oregano, red wine vinegar, seeded mustard, cumin seeds