2. Dice or wedge beetroots. Slice capsicum. Toss separately on a lined oven tray with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until tender.
3. Combine orange zest and juice with 3 tbsp olive oil, and 1 1/2 tbsp vinegar and 2 tbsp soy sauce.
4. Thinly slice kale leaves. Toss with 2 tbsp dressing and use your hands to scrunch until softened. Trim and slice snow peas. Roughly chop almonds.
5. Coat beef with 1/2 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Heat a frypan over high heat. When smoking, cook beef (in batches if needed) for 30 seconds on each side.
6. Toss cooked buckwheat, beetroot, vegetables, almonds and beef strips together with dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide between plates and serve.
Scrunching the kale tenderises it, making it sweeter and easier to eat.
Yellow capsicum 1
kale 1/2 bunch
Snow peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
Almonds 1 packet (130g)
Beef strips 450g
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, soy sauce (or tamari), ground cumin