2. While the carrot is cooking, thinly slice cucumber and chop dill fronds. Combine in a bowl with 1/3 cup vinegar and 1 tsp salt. Set aside.
3. Drain beans. Add to small food processor with walnut/oat mix, 2 tsp ground coriander, salt and pepper. Pulse until combined but still a rough consistency. Use oiled or wet hands to shape into even size balls. Roll in sesame seeds to coat.
4. Heat frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Cook walnut balls (in batches if needed) for 5-8 minutes turning until golden and heated through. Take off heat.
5. Toss snow pea sprouts with mesclun leaves and 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
6. Divide carrot mash and walnut balls among bowls. Garnish with pickled cucumber and serve with side of salad.
Blending the carrot mash will give you a smooth finish. Otherwise you can mash with a fork or potato masher.
If you don’t have any ground coriander you could also use ground cumin to flavour the walnut balls.
Coconut milk, 165ml
Continental cucumber, 1
Dill, 1 packet
Black beans, 2 x 400g
Walnut/oat mix, 1 packet (120g)
Sesame seeds, 1/2 packet (35g) *
Snow pea sprouts, 1/2 punnet *
Mesclun leaves, 1 bag (60g)
FROM YOUR PANTRY
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, white wine vinegar, ground coriander