Gluten friendly option - rolls are replaced with GF rolls.
2. Slice chilli, pick coriander leaves (chop stems and set aside) and crush peanuts. Keep separate.
3. Slice rolls along the top to make an opening for the filling. Toast in the oven on a tray for 5 minutes, or until slightly crunchy.
4. Heat a frypan over medium heat with 1/2 tbsp oil. Slice spring onions and add to pan along with bean shoots, 1 tsp fish sauce and 1 crushed garlic clove. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until just wilted. Remove to a bowl and season with pepper.
5. Combine beef with coriander stems, 1 tbsp fish sauce and pepper. Roll into 20 even-sized meatballs. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 1/2 tbsp oil. Cook meatballs (in batches) for 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through.
6. Combine mayonnaise with 1-2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce and spread over rolls. Squeeze and discard pickling juice out of vegetables. Add even amounts of vegetables, meatballs and garnishes to rolls to serve.
Continental cucumber 1/2
radishes 1/3 bunch
Red chilli 1
coriander 1/3 bunch
Roasted peanuts 1 packet (40g)
Wholemeal long rolls 4
spring onions 1/3 bunch
Bean shoots 1 bag (250g)
Beef mince 600g
mayonnaise 1 tub (40g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, fish sauce, apple cider vinegar, honey (or sugar), sweet chilli sauce, garlic (1 clove)