2. Add thyme leaves, diced vegetables, 1 tsp smoked paprika and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Trim and halve the beans. Add to a separate frypan with 1/4 cup water. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking (see notes). Drain and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Reserve frypan for step 5.
4. While beans are cooking, remove kernels from corn cob and add to vegetables. Increase temperature to high and cook until liquid has evaporated and potatoes are crispy.
5. Reheat the frypan with oil/butter over medium-high heat. Crack in eggs and cook to your liking (see notes).
6. Grate cheese over the hash and serve at the table topped with eggs and a side of green beans.
Chop and add beans to hash if you prefer!
Serve the eggs either fried, poached, scrambled or boiled.
No pork option - bacon is replaced with chicken stir-fry strips. Cook for 4-5 minutes and season with 1-2 tsp smoked paprika at step 1.
Brown onion, 1
Thyme, 1/2 packet *
Diced root vegetables, 1 bag (1kg)
Green beans, 1 packet (250g)
Corn cob, 1
Free-range eggs, 6-pack
Cheddar cheese, 1/2 block *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Olive oil + oil/butter for cooking, salt, pepper, smoked paprika