2. Cut carrot into matchsticks, slice mushrooms. Cut pak choy and spring onions into 4cm pieces.
3. Heat a large pan over medium heat, add sauce ingredients. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until sauce has reduced. Pour into a bowl, set aside.
4. Reheat pan with 1/2 tbsp sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add carrot, cook for 1-2 minutes, or until softened. Transfer to a plate. Repeat process separately with mushrooms, pak choy and spring onions.
5. Wipe and reheat pan with 1 tbsp oil. Crack eggs into pan, cook to your liking.
6. Divide rice between bowls and pour over equal amounts of marinade. Serve topped with egg and vegetables. Finish with toasted sesame seeds and sambal oelek to your taste.
A runny yolk adds more gravy to the dish.
Toast sesame seeds for a nutty flavour.
100g oyster mushrooms
1 bunch pak choy (rinsed)
1/2 bunch spring onions
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice or white wine vinegar
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp brown sugar
2-3 tbsp sesame oil, for cooking
1 tbsp oil, for cooking
1 tbsp sesame seeds
sambal oelek, to taste