2. Slash chicken down to the bone (see notes). Add to an oven dish and coat with marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Slice pumpkin into crescents. Toss on a lined oven tray with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes until tender.
4. Dice cucumber, pick mint leaves and slice chilli. Toss together with bean shoots.
5. Whisk together 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar and 2 tbsp olive oil. Arrange pumpkin on a platter, top with salad and spoon over dressing.
6. Squeeze lime juice over chicken. Serve at the table with salad.
Slashing the chicken will increase the surface area for the marinade as well as speed up the cooking time.
Coconut milk, 165ml
Whole split chicken, 1
Butternut pumpkin, 1
Continental cucumber, 1
Mint, 1/2 bunch *
Red chilli, 1
Bean shoots, 1 bag (250g)
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, soy sauce (or tamari), red wine vinegar, ground turmeric