Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water (see notes). Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until fork tender.
2. Rinse and chop lettuce, slice cucumber and wedge tomatoes. Toss in a serving bowl and top with sprouts (see notes). Set aside.
3. Drain potatoes and transfer to a large, lined oven tray. Use the base of a mug to press potatoes until flattened (roughly 2cm). Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes in the upper part of the oven, or until golden and crisp.
4. Heat a large frypan over high heat. Rub scallopini with oil, salt and pepper. Cook in 2 batches for 1 minute on each side, or until browned and cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate.
5. Once beef steaks are cooked, pour tomato relish into pan. Return steaks and turn to coat. Remove from heat.
6. Serve tomato relish steaks with smashed potatoes and salad. Finely chop chives and scatter over the top.
Boil water in the kettle and pour over potatoes to reduce cooking time!
Dress salad with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tbsp vinegar of choice, if desired.
Sprinkle potatoes with 1 tsp dried oregano or rosemary for more flavour.
festival lettuce 1/2
continental cucumber 1/2
alfalfa sprouts 1/2 punnet
beef scallopini 10-pack
tomato relish 1 jar
chives 1/3 bunch
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper