2. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add pasta and cook according to the packet instructions, or until al dente. Drain and rinse briefly in cold water.
3. Keep pan over medium heat. Slice and add spring onions and crushed garlic. Grate (or dice) courgettes and carrot, add to pan. Pour in lentils, tomato sugo and 1/2 jar water. Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until lentils are tender.
4. Toss pasta into pan with sauce, season the to taste with salt and pepper (see notes).
5. Quarter lettuces and place in a bowl, dress with olive oil and vinegar (optional).
6. Serve pasta alongside chicken and salad. Top with parmesan cheese.
Serve pasta, sauce and chicken separately if preferred, or alternatively shred and add chicken to the sauce.
If you grow fresh herbs in the garden such as parsley, thyme or oregano, add to your liking for extra flavour.
LONG PASTA, 1 packet (250g)
SPRING ONIONS, 1/2 bunch *
GARLIC, 2 cloves
RED LENTILS, 1 packet (75g)
TOMATO SUGO, 1 jar (500g)
GEM LETTUCE, 2 *
PARMESAN CHEESE, 1/2 bag *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar (optional)