2. Chop tomatoes. Stir in with rice, almond mix and crumbled stock cubes. Pour in 3 cups water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Slice cucumber into crescents. Whisk together 1 tbsp vinegar and 2 tbsp olive oil. Toss with cucumber and baby spinach.
4. Drain chickpeas and stir through rice. Cook for a further 3-5 minutes, or until rice is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper (add a little more water if needed).
5. Chop coriander and cut lemon into wedges.
6. Fluff up rice with a fork. Serve in the pan with dollops of yoghurt. Scatter over coriander. Serve with lemon wedges and side of spinach salad.
Use butter instead of oil for a more flavourful pilaf.
curry leaves 2 fronds
Tomato paste 1/2 tub
Basmati rice 300g
Slivered almond/currant mix 1 packet (60g)
Continental cucumber 1/2
baby spinach 1/2 bag (100g)
coriander 1/2 bunch
Natural yoghurt 1/2 tub (250g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, ground cumin, vegetable stock cubes (2), red wine vinegar