2. Separate and rinse lettuce leaves (see notes). Slice spring onions (reserve some tops for garnish). Slice Asian greens. Grate or julienne carrot. Slice chilli. Keep seperate.
3. Peel and grate ginger. Crush garlic. Combine in a bowl with 3 tbsp sesame oil and 1 tbsp vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Finely chop tofu. Add to pan over medium-high heat along with spring onions, 2 tbsp oil and 2 tsp five spice. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add Asian greens and carrot. Cook for 2 minutes until just wilted.
5. Toss drained water chestnuts, cooked rice and prepared seasoning into pan until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve tofu and rice at the table with lettuce cups for filling. Garnish with chilli and spring onion tops.
Place lettuce leaves in a bowl with cold water and set aside in fridge to keep them crisp.
Serve with sweet chilli or hot chilli sauce if desired.
Baby cos lettuce 2
Spring onions 1/2 bunch *
Asian greens 1 bunch
red chilli 1
Seasoned tofu 2 packets (2 x 200g)
Sliced Water chestnuts 1 tin (227g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, sesame oil, Chinese five spice, red wine vinegar, garlic (2 cloves)