2. Combine 1 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp vinegar, 2 tsp sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Julienne carrots and slice radishes. Deseed and slice cucumber. Slice pear. Add to bowl and toss well with dressing. Set aside.
3. Combine crushed garlic cloves, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 2 tbsp sugar, 1/4 cup vinegar and 2 tbsp sesame oil. Set aside.
4. Heat a frypan over medium high heat with 1/2 tbsp oil. Slice tofu and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until warmed through. Set aside on a plate, keep pan on heat.
5. Reduce pan heat to medium. Pour sauce into pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and return tofu to pan to coat.
6. Divide rice, pickled vegetables and tofu bulgogi between plates to serve.
Finish this dish with toasted sesame seeds if you have some.
When adding sugar to dishes, coconut sugar or raw cane sugar may be two better options as they are less refined and contain some important minerals.
radishes 1/2 bunch
Continental cucumber 1/2
Garlic 2 cloves
Lite fried tofu 2 packets (2 x 200g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, soy sauce (or tamari), apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, sugar (of choice)