2. Zest lime and combine with lime juice, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil and 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce. Chop and add half the chives.
3. Chop fish fillets into chunks, slice kaffir lime leaves (see notes). Add to a processor with 2 tsp soy sauce and 2 tsp sesame oil. Process until smooth.
4. Chop and stir through the rest of the chives. Use oiled hands and form fish cakes, using 1/4 cup measurement. Heat a large frypan and cook fish cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
5. Trim and roughly chop lettuce. Wedge tomatoes, slice cucumber, capsicum and avocado. Toss noodles with 1 tbsp of dressing. Arrange all on a serving platter.
6. Serve noodle salad and fish cakes at the table, drizzle with dressing to taste.
If you’re short on time, place fish fillets into an ovenproof dish and drizzle with 1-2 tbsp soy and 1-2 tbsp sesame oil. Thinly slice and place kaffir lime leaves on top, cover and bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven at 220ºC (alternatively cook in a frypan).
When preparing lime leaves, fold and remove the core then thinly slice. Some find it easier to roll the leaf and slice.
No fish option - white fish fillets are replaced with chicken mince. Use mince to make patties, no need to use the processor. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Chives, 1/3 bunch *
White fish fillets, 2 packets
Kaffir lime leaves, 2
Festival lettuce, 1/2 *
Continental cucumber, 1/2 *
Red capsicum, 1
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Sesame oil, soy + sweet chilli sauce