2. Halve chicken fillets, place in bowl and add 2 tbsp of the dressing. Toss to coat and set aside.
3. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook noodles for 2 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
4. Slice cucumber into crescents, julienne or cut carrot into matchsticks. Shred wombok cabbage, slice spring onions and chillies (to taste). Chop coriander. Toss with noodles and dressing.
5. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side, or until charred and cooked through.
6. Divide chicken and noodles over plates to serve.
Use palm sugar or brown sugar if possible for a more authentic taste.
A neutral oil such as rice bran or grape seed oil works well for the dressing.
chicken thigh fillets 600g
bean thread noodles 1 packet (250g)
lebanese cucumber 1
baby wombok cabbage 1/2
spring onions 1/4 bunch
birds eye chillies 2
coriander 1 packet
From the pantry:
oil (for cooking), sugar (of choice), fish sauce, apple cider (or rice wine) vinegar