2. Rinse and shred lettuce, pick apart coriander stems and cut cucumber into thin matchsticks. Set aside on a plate with half the bean shoots.
3. Chop white end of lemongrass (see product spotlight) and finely slice lime leaves.
4. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 1/2 tbsp oil. Add mince, lemongrass and lime leaves, cook for 6-8 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Stir in 1 tbsp fish sauce and remaining bean shoots halfway through cooking time.
5. Place a clean tea towel and shallow dish of water on the table. Soak one sheet of rice paper in water for 5 seconds. Place on tea towel, leave until soft. Place fillings and mince in the centre of the round. Fold in ends and roll to wrap firmly. Repeat with remaining.
6. Serve beef rice paper rolls with dipping sauce.
Use rice wine vinegar instead for a more authentic taste.
baby cos lettuce 1
coriander 1/3 bunch
lebanese cucumber 1
bean shoots 1 bag (250g)
lemongrass 1 stalk
kaffir lime leaves 2 double
beef mince 600g
rice paper rounds 1 packet
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), fish sauce, brown (or palm) sugar, garlic (1 clove), apple cider vinegar