2. Slice spring onions. Dice celery and tomatoes. Deseed and roughly chop capsicums. Heat saucepan with 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in tomato paste, 2 tbsp flour, 3 tsp cumin, 2 tsp smoked paprika and 1 tsp ground chilli (if using). Pour in 750ml water and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Drain beans and crush gently with a fork. Stir through vegetables and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. De-stone and dice avocado. Pick coriander leaves.
6. Break apart corn bread dumplings and place at bottom of bowl. Top with beans, avocado and coriander to serve.
For a creamier corn bread use milk instead of water.
Serve with a dollop of yoghurt or lime wedges if you have some.
polenta 1/2 packet
thyme 1/4 packet
baking soda 1 1/2 tsp
white wine vinegar 2tsp
spring onions 1/4 bunch
celery 2 sticks
yellow capsicums 2
tomato paste 1 tub
ground cumin 3tsp
smoked paprika 2tsp
ground chilli (optional) 1tsp
flour (of choice) 2tbsp
four bean mix 2 x 400g
coriander 1/3 bunch
From your pantry: Oil, salt & pepper