2. Grate ginger to yield roughly 1 tbsp. Combine with crushed garlic, 4 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp oil (see notes) in a bowl.
3. Arrange salmon fillets in a lined oven dish. Pour over 4 tbsp of sauce. Bake for 10-12 minutes in the oven or until cooked to your liking.
4. Wedge red onion, chop carrot, capsicum and wombok.
5. Heat a large frypan or wok over high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and prepared vegetables, cook for 2 minutes then add remaining sauce. Warm through, then take off heat.
6. Serve salmon fillets and pan sauces over rice with a side of stir-fried vegetables.
Use the rice tub to quickly measure up x 1.5 amount of water.
We used sesame oil for extra flavour, but any neutral flavour works fine too!
Heat up the sauce ingredients in a large frypan, add salmon and cook covered for 8-10 minutes if you prefer to cook the salmon on the stove top.
No fish option - salmon fillets are replaced with chicken breast fillets. Cook chicken breast fillets in a frypan for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Simmer sauce in a separate saucepan for 2 minutes.
Garlic, 2 cloves
Salmon fillets (Skin off), 2 packets
Red onion, 1/2 *
Red capsicum, 1
Baby Wombok, 1/2 *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (sesame or other), soy sauce, white (or rice) wine vinegar, sugar (brown)