2. Combine 3 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp vinegar, 3 tbsp water and 3 tbsp sugar. Grate ginger to yield 1 tbsp and add to the sauce (see notes).
3. Slice celery sticks and cucumber. Toss in large bowl with coleslaw mix, 1/2 tbsp vinegar and 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Chop spring onions.
Heat a large frypan with oil over medium-high heat. Add spring onions and barramundi fillets. Cook skin-side down for 3 minutes or until the skin is crispy (continue step 5).
5. Turn over the fish fillets and pour in sauce. Cook for further 3 minutes or until barramundi is cooked through.
6. Serve barramundi fillets with rice, slaw and pan sauces.
Celery 2 sticks
Continental cucumber 1/2 *
Coleslaw mix 1/2 bag (200g) *
Spring onions 1/2 bunch *
Barramundi fillets (skin on) 2 packets
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
From your pantry
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, soy sauce, sugar (brown or other), rice or white wine vinegar
Use the rice tub to quickly measure up x 1.5 amount of water.
You can place the sauce, spring onions and barramundi fillets in an oven dish and cook in the oven on 200ºC for 15 minutes instead if you prefer. Alternatively you can also make them into individual fish parcels!
Save some spring onion tops for garnish if you like!
No fish option - barramundi fillets are replaced with chicken schnitzels. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.