2. Heat frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Add remaining sliced onion, 3 tsp cumin and 3 tsp paprika. Cook for 5 minutes. Crumble in tempeh. Stir in drained beans, 1 tbsp tomato paste and 1/2 cup water. Simmer for 5 minutes then season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a second pan over high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Add corn kernels. Cover and leave to char for 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan to a bowl. Reserve pan (see step 5).
4. Slice chives. Toss with corn and 1/2 lime juice (wedge remaining). Mash avocado together with Roza’s sauce. Roughly tear lettuce leaves. Keep separate.
5. Warm tortillas in a dry frypan according to packet instructions. Keep warm until serving.
6. Assemble tacos at the table with tempeh filling, pickled onion and toppings. Serve with lime wedges.
Use a non-metallic bowl when pickling the onion.
Turn any remaining fillings into Mexican lettuce wraps!
Seasoned tempeh, 1 packet (200g)
Black beans, 400g
Corn cobs, 2
Chives, 1/2 bunch *
Roza’s sauce, 1 tub
Baby cos lettuce, 1
Corn tortillas, 8 pack
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, ground cumin, smoked paprika, white wine vinegar, sugar (of choice), tomato paste