2. Combine pineapple juice (reserve slices) with 1 tbsp cornflour, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 3 tsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp honey and 1/2 cup water.
3. Peel and grate ginger to yield 1 tbsp. Slice garlic and chilli. Slice shallot, trim and halve sugar snaps on an angle. Keep separate.
4. Toast nut and seed mix in a large, dry wok or frypan until golden, set aside. Quarter pineapple rings. Keep pan over high heat and add pineapple pieces, allow to cook for 1 minute to char.
5. Add shallot, cook for another minute then stir in 1 tbsp oil, garlic, chilli and ginger. Cook briefly, then toss in bean shoots, sugar snaps and sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until sauce has thickened. Add more water if needed.
6. Divide noodles between plates, top with stir-fry, sprouts, chopped chives and nut mix. Wedge lime and serve on the side.
Tip! Deseed chilli if you like less heat.
apple cider vinegar 2tbsp
soy sauce 3tsp
pineapple rings (in juice) 440g
garlic 2 cloves
red chilli 1
sugar snaps 1 punnet
cashew nuts + sesame seeds 80g
bean shoots 1 bag
alfalfa sprouts 1/2 punnet
chives 1/3 bunch
From the pantry: oil