2. Heat a large frypan with oil over high heat. Cook chicken, stirring, for 4-5 minutes, or until sealed and just cooked through. Set aside on a plate.
3. Cut onion into thin wedges and carrots into thin rounds. Chop capsicum and trim snow peas. Add vegetables to pan (see notes) and cook for 3 minutes, or until softened.
4. Combine 2 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp white wine vinegar, 4 tbsp tomato sauce, 1/4 cup water, pineapple (juice + pieces) and 2 tsp cornflour.
5. Add sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Return chicken and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
6. Serve sweet and sour chicken over rice.
Use the rice tub to quickly measure up x 1.5 amount of water.
Use a neutral oil to cook this dish.
Add snow peas at the end instead if you like them a bit crunchy!
diced chicken breast fillet 600g
red onion 1
red capsicum 1
snow peas 1/2 punnet
pineapple (in juice) 440g
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), soy sauce, white wine vinegar, tomato sauce, cornflour