2. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil. Dice and add onion, celery and carrot. Cook for 5 minutes until softened.
3. Dice 1 tomato and add to pan along with crumbled tempeh. Add 1 tsp oregano, 1 crumbled stock cube, 1 tbsp flour and tomato paste. Stir in 1 1/2 cups water. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Transfer tempeh to an oven dish. Spread over sweet potato mash. Drizzle over olive oil and place in the oven to grill for 5-10 minutes until golden on top.
5. Rinse and tear lettuce leaves. Slice cucumber and wedge remaining tomato. Toss all together with alfalfa sprouts, 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar and 1 tbsp olive oil.
6. Divide shepherds pie and salad among plates.
The pie is placed under the grill to give a nice crusty top. You could also serve this as a stew with sweet potato mash if you don’t want to use the oven.
Brown onion, 1/2 *
Celery, 2 sticks
Natural tempeh, 2 packets (2 x 200g)
Tomato paste, 1/2 tub *
Baby cos lettuce, 1
Lebanese cucumber, 1
Alfalfa sprouts, 1/2 punnet *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, stock cube (1), red wine vinegar, dried oregano, flour (of choice)