2. Peel and grate ginger. Combine in a bowl with 1/3 cup hoisin sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar and 2 tbsp oil. Season with pepper.
3. Trim and slice asian greens and spring onions into 3cm lengths. Dice eggplant and mushrooms (keep separate).
4. Heat frypan or wok over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil. Add eggplant and mushrooms along with 2 tbsp of prepared sauce. Cook for 4-5 minutes until tender. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
5. Add remaining vegetables. Cook for further 2-3 minutes until wilted. Toss in noodles and sauce until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Divide noodles among bowls and top with mushrooms and eggplant. Garnish with sesame seeds and snow pea sprouts.
Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan for 3-4 minutes if preferred.
You can also use sesame or peanut oil for extra flavour.
Asian greens, 1 bunch
Spring onions, 1/3 bunch *
Small eggplant, 1
Shiitake mushrooms, 2 punnets
Sesame seeds, 1/2 packet (35g) *
Snow pea sprouts, 1/2 punnet *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, hoisin sauce, white wine (or rice wine) vinegar